Planning law has changed over recent years to encourage more development of private homes while the local authorities struggle with the lack of housing.  You’ll find most extensions and conversions can be made through what’s known as permitted development and using the neighbour consent scheme which is available to most householders in the UK.

Planning is still a specialist field to navigate and it’s rare that you be able to submit your own drawings to meet the criteria.  Architectural Designed CAD plans are usually required for works where planning permission or permitted development is required.

At Clover we can oversee all local-authority permissions to build and are fully aware of what meets permitted development guidelines. have an excellent article on what’s allowed under PD and the exceptions that might remove PD rights under ‘Article 4 Direction’.  For further information please take a look here. and for the current fees for planning applications please see here